Best 11 Sites To Hire The Top Visual Designers
Toptal makes the hiring process simple. Provide information on your needs and budget and Toptal will match you with a highly rated visual designer perfectly equipped for the task at hand, saving you the time and worry that usually accompanies a hiring search. With a rigorous vetting and selection process, Toptal guarantees you’ll work with someone who has top visual design, communication, and English skills. If for some reason the match doesn’t work out, Toptal will find you a new designer with no charge for the initial trial.
- With Toptal’s no-risk trial period at the start of each project, you don’t have to worry about making a poor choice.
- Due to Toptal’s rigorous vetting process, all of Toptal’s visual designers are highly skilled and great communicators.
- A dedicated Toptal account executive is ready to address any concerns you might have about your project, team, or working with Toptal.
- The premium services offered by Toptal cost more than some other freelance platforms.
- For short term and experimental projects you may want to use other platforms.
Upwork is probably the most well-known of the freelance marketplaces with a long history in the space. In addition to a host of project management tools, the platform now has the upgrade options Upwork has launched additional packages to help you find top visual designers faster.
- Upwork’s project management tools help keep projects on track and communication clear.
- Visual designers are available at all different skill and prices levels, meaning you should be able to find someone within your budget
- With a long track record in the business, Upwork attracts designers from all over the world, providing you with optionality in regards to your freelancer’s time zone.
- Upwork’s customer service can be limited. Previous customers have reported frustration with the response time and level of service.
- The skill tests that designers can opt to take do not always fully capture designers’ skill levels.
- Without opting in to Upwork Pro, running the search and selection process for a visual designer can be extremely time consuming.
99designs hosts design contests for every design request. You submit a proposal, as many designers as are interested can submit a design as a bid, and you choose the one you like the best and move forward from there. The platform allows you to select additional options such as guaranteeing that more experienced designers bid.
- Choose the best visual design from dozens of design submissions, rather than having to guess how a single designer will interpret your needs.
- Opt to work directly with a single designer, in which case the platform provides access to their top visual designers.
- Balance price and quality with the different upgrade options.
- Because designers have to submit work with little chance of payoff, many of the best visual designers look for work elsewhere.
- Aside from your initial proposal, there’s very limited communication with the designers before you can select one.
- 99designs is more expensive than other design contest platforms.
Dribbble is a platform built to create a community for designers. Originally, Dribbble started as invitation-only. It was a close-knit community where designers could share ideas, receive feedback, and build teams. Now the platform is open to anyone and also includes a job page. You can post a job, reach out to designers directly, or use the Talent Partner solution to find the right fit.
- Dribbble was created to support designers, so it has designers of all types and levels.
- Using the location search feature, you can actually hire visual designers locally.
- Dribbble Talent partner can save you time by matching you directly with a freelance visual designer.
- It is difficult to hire through a portfolio setting if you don’t have experience in design.
- Dribbble doesn’t provide project management or payment support.
- Designers further into their careers may look elsewhere for work.
Working Not Working.
Working Not Working calls itself an “UnJobBoard.” Created as a place to search for creative talent, WNW tries to make the job search process a little more interesting. With catchy taglines, the need to include job benefits, and even a related magazine, WNW doesn’t feel like a regular old job board. Originally invite-only, WNW has opened its doors to anyone that would like to start a profile. The membership board will occasionally identify their favorite designers as “vetted,” but otherwise it’s hard to know who is good and who might not be.
- Find visual designers looking for all kinds of work including freelance and full-time.
- The different structure of the job board allows you to get to know designers in a new light, highlighting their motivation and drive.
- Using WNW’s concierge matching service, Human, facilitates a match with the right designers, which saves you time in the search process.
- It can be hard to identify the level of designers from their profiles.
- There’s no project management support on the site.
The American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) is a good place to find U.S.-based talent. The U.S. professional association for design, AIGA has a collection of resources for designers and finding designers. One such resource is a job board. Not geared toward freelancers, the job board is a good place to look for full-time visual designers in the U.S.
- AIGA provides 2 free job postings, allowing you to see what the platform has to offer without putting a deposit down
- This is a great source to find visual designers looking for full-time work in the U.S.
- There are no quality controls or indications of skill level for applicants.
- All hiring occurs entirely independently from the site, so there’s no risk mitigation.
- AIGA doesn’t have freelancers, so if you want a temporary hire, you should look elsewhere.
Design Hill has a design contest where you can crowd source designs and select your favorite. Alternatively, with a monthly membership you can source as many designs as you would like from a single designer. There is also an option to set up your own contract directly with a designer. Each option is very affordable from the side of Design Hill.
- With extremely low rates for each option, you can see what the platform has to offer without putting significant money down.
- Using the contest option, receive lots of different ideas on how to visualize your request and choose the best visual design from the submissions.
- If you have lots of basic design work that needs to get done, the monthly membership is a great option.
- Design Hill itself recommends you look to hire a visual designer elsewhere if you have a complex design need.
- You may only receive a few quality responses in the contest, with many others unrelated to your request.
- There are no language requirements, so there may be a language barrier as you start the editing process.
DesignCrowd also follows a design contest format. After choosing your package and submitting your proposal, you’ll receive design submissions from dozens of designers. Choose your favorite and move forward from there. You can decide whether you’d like to pay extra for more qualified designers to enter the contest or for a host of different options.
- DesignCrowd is a very efficient and affordable way to hire visual designers and get designs completed quickly.
- There are no scammers on the site.
- With DesignCrowd’s money back guarantee, you only lose the overhead fees if you don’t like any of the designs.
- With a low probability of payout to the designers on any single contest, the very best designers aren’t properly incentivized to spend time on contests and may look elsewhere for work.
- Without upfront communication beyond the initial brief you provide, you may have to recover some lost information once you select your designer.
Purchased by Adobe to create a place for designers and artists to showcase their work created with the Adobe Creative Cloud products, Behance is a portfolio platform featuring some impressive pieces of art. Adobe has several hiring packages through Adobe Talent, and if you currently use the Adobe Creative Suite, then you can post public job post for free. Whether you need a UX visual designer or UI visual designer, you can find them here.
- Designers will have all different salary expectations and levels of experience, so you can be sure to find someone to meet your needs.
- Behance is used by serious designers, so you’ll find mostly top visual design skill and talent.
- With an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription you can post unlimited jobs for free.
- Hiring designers through a portfolio structure is very challenging, especially if you don’t have design experience.
- There are no tools available to help you manage your hire or the payment process.
- It can be difficult and time-consuming to sort through potential design hires.
Krop provides portfolios for creatives and ways to search creative jobs. You can pay by the job post to receive applications. Alternatively, you can receive access to search the database of freelance visual designers for a monthly rate. The designers have to pay a monthly rate to keep their portfolios active, so there’s a commitment on their part as well.
- With job alerts and a monthly rate for the designers, freelance visual designers can stay engaged even while keeping busy.
- The drag and drop templates makes it easy for designers to use and show off their work; with over 100,000 designers on the platform, you’ll have much to choose from.
- Many designers have complained about the limited functionality and lack of upgrades, causing some of them to look elsewhere to host their portfolios.
- The platform does not provide tools to manage the projects.
- Krop does not offer a platform to process payments or manage projects.
Folyo has simplified the search for a visual designer. Described by the owner as a “private project alert service” for designers, they maintain a database of freelance designers that have been pre approved by the platform. When you submit your request, it goes out to matching designers, and the ones that are available and respond are then passed to you to review. They are able to maintain top quality remote visual designers by guaranteeing good jobs. In other words, they will only accept your job if it comes from a reputable company and pays reasonable rates.
- The process of sorting out designers who are inexperienced or not available from the top visual designers has been taken care of for you.
- You will receive recommendations of designers that fit your needs.
- Folyo does not have any tools to manage your visual design hires.
- There isn’t much transparency on how designers are selected for the site or what the qualifications are.
- You won’t be able to look at a uniform portfolio of work to gauge talent.