The Top 15 Sites to Hire UX Researchers
Over the years, Toptal has created a freelance marketplace that boasts some of the tech industry's best software developers and designers. Their talent base includes researchers and strategists like UX researchers, too. Whether you’re looking for a UX researcher or a UX designer, Toptal ensures that you’re matched with a professional that suits your needs, interest, and timeline. The platform’s model and intensive screening and testing process are designed in such a way that ensures you are connected with a freelance professional who can blend into your team and deliver quality work for your project.
- Selective screening for some of the leading UX experts and user experience designers
- Senior UX researchers available for your design and product teams
- Matching service pairs you with talent
One of the oldest and well-known freelance marketplaces, Upwork has millions of registered users and jobs posted every year. The platform offers freelance professionals with various skills. Their project management tools allow you to avoid risks by paying once certain project milestones are achieved. With its long history and experience, Upwork is a platform where you can find a UX researcher of different levels and qualifications.
- Well-known freelance marketplace
- Find UX researchers at lower prices
- Payment is handled through their system
The platform gets its name because freelancers on Fiverr will offer their services for $5. However, that depends on the length and breadth of the project. Fiverr has around 830,000 professionals spread across 160 countries. You can look for a UX researcher either by browsing through their hundreds of service categories or typing in a keyword to go straight to the profiles. Freelancers on Fiverr create a profile detailing who they are and what they offer. Some even offer an introduction video about themselves.
- Use tools for project management to keep your freelancer on track.
- Find the service you need rather than directly posting your project. You can then directly contact your preferred UX researcher
- Sign up for Fiverr Pro for a group of vetted freelancers with more experience
On Guru, to hire a UX researcher, you start by posting a job on their site. Guru looks through their freelancer profiles based on categories, location, rating, rate, and more and presents to you its top freelancers. The platform also offers a collaboration and project workspace called “Work Room.” Here, you can share deadlines, project details, achievements, or conduct any simple communication with your candidate. You can pay the freelancer through Guru Safepay, where you deposit the money, and Guru processes it after you approve the work.
- Presents top freelancers that may match your project
- Collaboration space for freelancers and clients
Freelancer has a talent pool of freelancers that we would love for project-based work. It allows you to post your project and receive bids from freelancers. The platform has a reputation system that simplifies the process of finding a professional or UX researcher for your project. Freelancer also gives you the ability to add upgrades to your project for a fee that allows you to make your project feature within the posting system or have Freelancer’s recruiters help you screen your candidates.
- Find candidates through contests, job postings, or targeted search
- Accommodates most budgets sizes
- Corporate client base
Workana offers freelancers with tech and design skills. Like other freelance portals, you can create a job posting for a UX researcher highlighting the project details, timelines, and more. Freelancers on Workana create their profile highlighting their expertise, rate, and more so, you have an idea of who you’ll be working with.
- A pool of Spanish-speaking experts
- Multiple fields of expertise
- Translation offerings
99designs is a global creative platform that connects designers and clients. The platform crowdsources design, which means that freelancers will submit their ideas on how to proceed with your project when you share a posting. You then get to pick the one you like most and work with them. And in case you want to skip this contest option, you can look at their pool of experienced UX designers and choose the one you want.
- Receive entries from a contest posting
- Choose from multiple designers for the same project if you want
- Prices for a wide range of expertise
PeoplePerHour (PPH) is a UK-based freelance platform that caters to small businesses in the European market. The platform has its own internal project management tool called “Workstream” that helps manage the work between you and the freelancer. Instead of posting a job on PPH, you can select the set-price hourly package from their “Hourlies” feature.
- UX researchers available at most budget levels
- Suggested for small businesses
- Packaged services could help you finish your project faster
9. Simply Hired
One of Simply Hired's best features is that it allows you to browse freelancers based in your nearby location. You can browse through other similar job postings and talk to freelancers to get an estimate of their rate and project deliverables. Simply Hired also maintains a blog where you can learn tips on how to hire freelancers for your UX research project.
- Brand recognition from around the world
- Multiple hiring options including full-time, part-time, or contract
- Low initial costs
Flexjob offers freelancers in various fields. The candidates and the organizations are screened, giving both parties peace of mind about their legitimacy. Freelancers on the website participate in a skills test which acts as another layer of credibility for their knowledge and expertise on the subject. You can post a job and interview freelancers before you begin a project with them.
- Focused on remote and flexible working opportunities
- Interview freelancers before beginning the project
- Candidates and companies are screened
Krop’s search platform allows you to find professionals for freelance, part-time, or full-time. Creatives create a comprehensive profile using the platform’s portfolio-building tool. Some of the world’s most respectable brands and creative professionals are a part of Krop. To find a fit, you must post a job describing in detail about the project. Krop then allows you to access its database of thousands of resumes and portfolios. The company also promotes the talents of individual creatives to organizations looking for longer contracts.
- Search for full-time, part-time or contract workers
- In-house portfolio tools that give you access to UX work
- Extensive database of workers
12. LinkedIn Profinder
With over 575+ million users and millions of monthly active users, Linkedin ProFinder provides access to a diverse user base. Professionals build a profile of themselves, highlighting their specialization and past work. The ‘Profinder’ is specifically for freelancers so, if you’re looking for someone for a particular project, this might be your fit.
- Diverse user base
- Message designers directly
Designhill is a virtual marketplace for creative professionals who specialize in digital work. The platform provides a free environment where you can give real-time feedback to the professional working on your project. Freelancers on the platform create their portfolios, highlighting their work for potential clients. The website holds contests that freelancers compete in by contributing to a client’s project. You can select the design you like the most, share feedback on it, and request revisions.
- Focused on digital work
- Provide real-time feedback as your project progresses
- On-site portfolios give a wide snapshot of work
LocalSolo allows you to establish a conversation directly with the freelancers. You can put up your project details and requirements, and freelancers apply to them. You can ask about the rates, contract, and payment details directly from the professional. You can look for part-time, project-based and full-time candidates. Post a job, go through the profiles, and find a fit for your project.
- Curated network of freelancers and UX experts
- Offers talent in your area
- Hire direct from the freelancer
Gigster was designed to serve as a bridge between freelance developers and organizations. Freelancers on this platform are among the top-ranking talent on the web who have worked with some of the leading tech companies. Some of them are startup founders, while some have graduated from schools such as Stanford and MIT. Some of them have created apps that have won an award from Apple.
- Creates a team automatically for your project
- Remote teams to work on your project
- Customized productivity tools