The Top 11 platforms to hire a UI designer:
Toptal is a curated freelance platform that matches the right designer with clients for their project needs. The engagements work well because Toptal has an easy starting point: Toptal vets and tests every applicant to the network, ensuring that every Toptal designer shows language mastery, a personality fit, and an elite user design interface skill set to perform exceptionally for clients of all sizes and project needs. Toptal’s customer service and highly selective candidate pool has earned it top marks. The site then provides a platform for managing your projects and payments. It’s a great option for small businesses, large enterprises, and startups alike.
- Toptal rigorously tests and vets every front-end freelancer that joins its network, so you know you will be working with an experienced, talented, professional UI designer.
- The platform provides you with a personal matching service that takes into account more than just a designer’s skillset. You will be matched with a UI designer who is a great culture fit for your team or company, so you can save time.
- Because of the high expectations and accountability of Toptal UI designers for hire, along with Toptal’s no-risk trial, you don’t have to worry about the experience or outcomes.
Upwork is the most well-known platform of the freelance universe. It provides the infrastructure to work with freelancers in the way that you decide works for you. You can pay hourly, hire full time, or hire on a project-basis. Upwork recently launched Upwork Pro and Upwork Enterprise, which provide a curated group of freelancers to bid on your project as well as additional project management amenities.
- The merger of two dominant competitors, Upwork has years of experience in providing freelance services of all types.
- You can find a UI designer at any rate and experience level, and check out their portfolio before you hire.
- With a structured payment system, you approve each project milestone before payment so you can ensure projects get accomplished the way you want.
- If you enter a contest, you can check out dozens of ways different designers have interpreted your project before deciding the top design.
- You can also hire a UI/UX designer directly instead of having a contest, choosing from the top designers on the site.
Dribbble is a platform created specifically for designers. Since its inception as an invitation-only community for designers, the platform has dropped the invitation requirement and has since blown up with designers of all kinds. They have also added a job board that includes freelance, part-time, and full-time positions. Dribbble encourages local meetups and online team creation.
- Dribbble has a vast universe of designers of all types, so you should be able to find a designer with strong UI experience.
- With a very intentional community atmosphere, designers and community members can draw from each other and advise others on their work.
- With Dribbble Talent, you can receive pre-vetted UI design recommendations to access candidates ready to work with you.
5. Working Not Working
- Working Not Working works to pull in strong design candidates looking for full time and long-term UI design work.
- The platform structure allows you to see when UI designers are available for hire, so you can hire UI designers that meet your project timeline.
- Save time with Human, WNW’s concierge service.
6. Envato Studio
- Envato is extremely affordable and has options at different price levels.
- Clearly laid out contract terms and support information provides you with quick information about what you should expect from the UI designer for hire.
- In many ways, Envato Studio provides “one-stop shop” solutions–especially for WordPress and other web-builder platforms with UI concepts already incorporated.
- DesignCrowd provides you with an extremely low cost way to source a collection of ideas on the visual design of your site or mobile app.
- DesignCrowd has a money back guarantee—so if you don’t like any solutions, you only lose the overhead fees.
- Designs get turned around quickly and on your timeframe.
- Behance allows animated or video presentations of designer’s work, so you can explore the interface.
- There are designers that specialize in UI design for web and mobile development.
- Artists of all type and at all levels use Behance, so you can find the right designer.
9. People Per Hour
- You can hire a UI designer at any rate and experience level, and check out their portfolio before you hire.
- PPH is focused on serving small businesses, so if that describes you, it’s a strong fit.
- With Hourlies, you can select pre-priced projects, so you don’t have to work up a job description to hire a UI designer.
- Choose between a contest, posting a job, or just finding a UI freelancer through a search.
- Find UI designers for hire at any price point.
- Creating milestones allows for longer more complex projects to be implemented with less risk.
Originally started as the marketplace to buy a “gig” for just $5, Fiverr continues to have a reputation for very low cost services, with a maximum custom price of $10,000. Rather than posting a job, Fiverr is geared towards getting you set up with freelancer-created packages and add-ons, although there is an option to request custom proposal for more complex “gigs.” Fiverr Pro provides access to vetted freelancers and 24/7 customer service.
- Upgrading to Fiverr Pro provides access to a more select group of UI designers for hire.
- With “gigs” posted by freelancers, you do not have to develop a job description.
- Hire UI designers quickly by selecting pre-created packages.