The Top 11 Platforms to Hire a Graphic Designer Online
Toptal has transformed the freelance marketplace by creating a curated experience with customer satisfaction guarantees. Whether you are looking for a freelance graphic artist or to hire a graphic designer part-time or full-time, Toptal can help ensure that you are matched with a designer specific to your needs, interests, and timeline. The platform’s model helps ensure they match customers with some of the best freelance graphic designers AND that your match works for you and your team. Toptal’s screening and testing process identifies the best talent in both design and customer experience. Toptal also offers web designers, software developers, and other experts to help with your graphic design project.
- With only the best graphic designers applicants from Toptal’s pool of candidates, you can rest easy knowing you’ll have highly-vetted designers working on your project.
- The no-risk trial period allows you to explore the platform and try out the selected designer before you commit.
- Save time and get matched on your timeframe. Rather than pouring through potential candidates, Toptal will match you with a designer based on your profile.
Upwork is one of the most well-known freelance marketplaces. With millions of users and jobs posted each year, the platform serves as a marketplace for different skills. Additionally, Upwork has inherited the experience and project management systems from the two previous players in the market that merged to form Upwork. With its history, Upwork is a platform that designers of various levels use to find work. Use Upwork if you're looking for branding, logos, illustrations, Photoshop capabilities, website design, or even business cards.
- Upwork has a high customer rehire rate, pointing to customer satisfaction across their diverse clients.
- With designers at most experience levels, you should find a graphic designer to fit your budget.
- The project management tools allow you to mitigate risk by paying once certain project milestones are completed.
Dribbble is a community created for designers. Originally as an invite-only site, this platform provided space for designers to show their work, meet, share ideas, and find a community. More recently, it has become open to anyone who wants to join and has developed a job board, operating in some ways as a freelance designer marketplace. You can explore portfolios and reach out directly to designers about work, post on the job board, or use Dribbble’s Talent Partner solution.
- The Dribbble community has designers with multiple skill sets and is a place to find a graphic design artist.
- With the community format, Dribbble designers can provide each other feedback, so that you can draw from the talent of the community.
- Dribbble Talent can save you time when looking for graphic designers by giving you access to qualified groups.
Behance is an online graphic design marketplace acquired by Adobe as a place for Adobe users to show off their work. Adobe tools include Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator. You can explore portfolios and works of art by both graphic designers and artists. If you’re interested in hiring through the platform, you can sign up for Adobe Talent through Adobe Creative Cloud or with a monthly package.
- Behance is open to most artists, so there’ll be a graphic designer that meets your specific project needs.
- We suggest this site if you’re looking for an independent graphic designer using the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Public job posts are free with an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.
5. Working Not Working
Working Not Working (WNW) has taken the standard job board and given it a twist. With the title “UnJobBoard”, WNW has established a site where both freelancers and creatives looking for full-time work can find positions that work for them. With a magazine as well, the platform looks to elevate the status of the creative. Freelancers can mark their calendars as Working or Not Working, so you can sift through designers available in your time frame.
- There are freelance graphic designers for hire at different skill levels and with different specialties.
- WNW is trying out a concierge service, Human, which can save you time and risk by helping identify the candidate for the job.
- WNW does not charge a commission, so it is a place to hire graphic designers for long-term projects or full-time staff.
Boasting millions of users, Freelancer is one of the largest graphic designer freelance sites. The platform charges a flat fee for most projects. With the Preferred Freelancer Program, you can access a group of more highly qualified candidates for a rate from the platform. Need a range of designers, even for web design, product design, logos, branding, illustration? Freelancer has them. One interesting twist is that both parties pay fees for starting a project, which helps distribute accountability and ensure interest and follow through.
- Hire graphic designers through the method that works for you, whether it's a contest, posting a job, searching through profiles, or choosing a pre-existing package.
- There are affordable graphic designers that can meet most budgets.
- The payment management system, which includes paying by milestone, helps mitigate risk.
7. People Per Hour
People Per Hour is a freelance marketplace initially built for the European market. People Per Hour has lower rates and affordable graphic designers for hire. You can pay by the hour or pay a set rate per project. If you aren’t sure how much time is required for a fairly straightforward task, you can also hire people one-off for “hourlies”. Use this platform because it has project management tools to help you with the project.
- With a variety of designers available, you’ll be able to find a graphic designer online to fit most budgets.
- There’s flexibility in the type of hire you can make, whether you want to post a job that pays hourly or by project, or you would rather hire through “hourlies” posted by the freelancers.
- You can save time by hiring through a representative project posted by the designers, so that you don’t have to write a job description or sort through applicants.
99designs crowdsources graphic design ideas to meet your request. When you post a job, you may find hundreds of designers submitting their ideas on how to proceed. This system allows you to find the design that you like before committing to work with a designer. You can also skip the contest and choose to work directly with a single designer. For that option, you get to choose from a pool of more experienced designers.
- View different takes on your proposal to see what you like.
- Design packages are affordable, and allow you to pick and choose the services and experience of designers that make sense for you.
- Designs are turned around at the pace you need so that you can stay within your project’s time frame.
AIGA is the professional association for design in the U.S. With numerous chapters across the U.S., it is the hub and support for design professionals. While AIGA has a collection of different resources on the site, we suggest this job board as a place to look for designers.
- You receive two free job postings per company.
- Candidates are AIGA members, so they’re committed to the field to pay for a membership (although that is the requirement to join).
- We suggest AIGA if you want a full-time on-site designer in the U.S.
10. Design Hill
Design Hill describes itself as “a combination of a crowdsourcing custom design marketplace and a creative platform for designers to learn and showcase their creative work.” The crowdsource model means that you can choose from multiple designs each time you submit a proposal. Alternatively, you can select a monthly package which allows you to make as many requests as you would like in a month, or negotiate a single project directly with a designer.
- With a collection of affordable ways to hire, you can find the package that works for your needs.
- The contest option means you can see different perspectives on your project.
- With the monthly membership, you can send multiple requests in a month.
DesignCrowd uses the power of crowdsourcing to give you a collection of options for your designs and selecting a designer. By hosting a contest for your particular need, you will receive submissions from dozens of designers from which you can select the design you want. With affordable rates, there are opportunities to customize your order to your particular needs.
- DesignCrowd is an efficient and affordable way to get graphics designed.
- The money-back-guarantee lowers the risk of entry.
- Due to the site’s structure, cases in which dispute resolution is required are minimal.