The Top 11 platforms to hire a Web designer:
- With its selective vetting process that rewards only the best design applicants , Toptal guarantees high-quality professionals ready to deliver exceptional results for every engagement.
- The platform matches you with the right web designer for your needs, so you can save time and energy sifting through profiles to find the right web designer.
- Because of the high expectations and accountability of Toptal’s web design freelancers, along with the no-risk trial, you don’t have to worry about the experience or outcomes.
Upwork is the result of a merger between two of the most well-known and largest freelance platforms: Odesk and Elance. The platform has a range of project options and project management tools to support you and the freelancers. Upwork Pro and Enterprise offer more curated settings wherein a select group of qualified website designers can bid on your project. To hire freelance web designers, this platform is one of your best options.
- Upwork is the largest freelance marketplace with web design freelancers with all kinds of experience.
- You can hire web designers that fit any budget or price point.
- With a structured payment system, you approve each project milestone before payment so you can ensure projects get accomplished the way you want.
99designs employs a design contest model where graphic designers and website designers submit their proposals for what your site could look like. You then can hire the website designer whose proposal best fits your vision for the site and continue revisions from there. The site offers different packages that determine the skill level of website designers for hire through design submissions.
- With the contest format, you can receive dozens of submissions from freelance web designers which allows you to see different ways to design your site.
- There are different payment structures allowing for greater flexibility in balancing desired design experience and budget.
- 99designs is structured to get really quick outcomes, so if you want a rapid turnaround when you hire a web designer, it’s a great option.
Dribbble was designed for designers, thoughtfully created to allow designers to have a space to display work, connect, and create. Originally invite-only, Dribbble has transformed to include designers of all stripes, including graphic designers, freelance web designers, branding specialists, and lots more. The site now hosts a job board to help you find a web designer. Additionally, you can sign up for a Dribbble Talent partner for a curated selection of more experienced web designers.
- As the only platform dedicated solely to designers, Dribbble has designers of all types.
- The community nature of Dribbble provides an opportunity for designers to provide each other feedback and pull inspiration from the community. You can source some of your ideas from the community at large.
- Dribbble Talent Partner can narrow down the pool of web designers for hire more specifically to your needs.
Behance was created by Adobe to have a place for the designers and artists using Adobe Creative Suite to display their work. There are some incredible pieces of art on display. Customers can then select different packages to receive access to the designers–and to be able to post jobs.
- Portfolios on Behance include animated or video presentations of web designers’ work which allows you to explore the interface.
- Behance is the place to go to find web designers using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You can find website designers on Behance that can accomodate any budget.
6. Working Not Working
Working Not Working (WNW) is an “UnJobBoard,” which tries to liven up the process of hiring and searching for jobs. Beginning with 300 highly talented freelancers, WNW has grown to include any creative that wants to have a profile, with the lucky few selected as “Vetted.” WNW has each freelancer mark their availability, so you know exactly when someone can tackle your project.
- WNW has a way to identify high quality “vetted” candidates if you need a website designer with a high skill level.
- Designers mark their availability, so you can look for web designers that fit your timeframe.
- Human, WNW’s concierge service currently in development helps save time by facilitating the right match.
7. Envato Studio
Envato Studio is part of the larger Envato Marketplace which includes different services and communities. The Studio has freelancers and agencies offering different packages around web design and other skills. Packages are straightforward and available in a wide affordable price range (anywhere between $10 and $2000).
- Envato Studio has quick solutions to find a web designer and get a website built and out the door.
- Envato web designers for hire provide web solutions at a very low price.
- The site is straightforward and the project management set up is very simple.
DesignCrowd uses the power of crowdsourcing to create design options for you. By posting a contest, you will receive design ideas from dozens of freelance website designers, from which you can choose the one you would like to proceed with. The platform offers different level packages, which provide access to different levels of designers. The most affordable is just $99!
- DesignCrowd provides an extremely low cost way to source a collection of ideas on how to visualize your site.
- DesignCrowd has a money back guarantee: if you don’t find a website designer you like, you only lose the fees.
- Designs get turned around quickly and on your timeframe.
Freelancer has become the largest freelance marketplace with many different hiring options. As opposed to other marketplaces, the site charges both the freelancer and the hirer for initiating a project–which places the burden on both, but also changes the incentive structure by making sure both sides have skin in the game.
- On Freelancer, you can hire a web designer through a contest, a job post, or conduct a search.
- There are website designer for hire at any budget.
- The option for milestones on the project management side helps you gauge progress and mitigate risk.
10. People Per Hour
PeoplePerHour (PPH) is based in the UK and focused on the European market, particularly for small businesses. The company has a project management tool called workstream that allows for online project management within the site. “Hourlies” are set-priced hourly packages that you can select instead of posting a job.
- You can find web designers that meet any budget.
- PPH has a focus on serving small businesses, which makes it a great fit if that is your profile.
- Instead of posting a project, you can find a web designer freelance by selecting a pre-priced package.
Fiverr began as a marketplace where every “gig” cost just $5. While services have expanded to include much higher cost options, the platform continues to be known for very low-cost services. Moving to Fiverr Pro provides access to a select group of freelancers and round the clock customer service. You'll find a wide variety of design abilities and capabilities, including web design, logo design, branding, business card design and other specialties.
- Milestones and other project management tools help mitigate risk and keep the project on task.
- Instead of posting a project, you can select pre-priced packages offered by designers.
- Fiverr Pro provides access to a more select group of freelancers and may save you time on the selection side.