The Top 11 Sites to Hire UX designers:
Toptal takes the traditional freelance marketplace to the next level. With significant screening and testing for freelancers to even join the network, Toptal has eliminated the time it usually takes to sift through masses of profiles. With its personalized matching service, Toptal is one of the leading matchmaking services of the freelance world. Still, Toptal is accessible to small businesses and startups in addition to large enterprises. Use Toptal to hire freelance UX designers, UI designers, software developers, or web designers.
- Toptal’s selective screening process means that some of the best UX designers for hire make it into the network.
- Toptal will custom match you with UX designers for your project, so you’ll hopefully save time and energy searching for candidates.
- Toptal provides a no-risk trial period, so if you find you don’t work well with the designer you were matched with, you can switch or stop the project at no cost.
Upwork is the result of the merger between the two largest freelance marketplaces at the time, Odesk and Elance. The platform hosts millions of users and jobs posted annually. Upwork has worked to provide clear project management tools and transparent payment systems that attempt to protect both the buyer and seller. Upwork Pro and Enterprise provide access to more qualified talent and additional resources.
- One of the most well-known freelance marketplaces, Upwork boasts a high customer retention rate.
- Hire a UX designer that meets your budget.
- The system of milestones ensures that you do not pay until elements of the project have been met.
Dribbble tags itself as “the community for designers”. The Dribbble community platform facilitates discussions, creativity, and inspiration for designers and now includes a job board. Originally invite-only, Dribbble has a reputation for hosting talented and designers. The platform is driven by portfolios, so it’s visual while also focused on the design’s technical aspects.
- Dribbble is a community of designers, so you can find UX designers with various skills.
- Dribbble designers provide each other with feedback and source ideas from one another.
- With Dribbble Talent, you can receive pre-vetted UX design recommendations and access more candidates ready to work with you.
4. Working Not Working
Working Not Working (WNW) is a job board unto itself. Calling itself an “UnJobBoard”, WNW is geared towards creatives looking for larger jobs and permanent work. With the option for freelancers to mark their calendars and their status as Working or Not working, you can determine which UX designers to hire for your schedule.
- Working Not Working has UX designers for hire looking for different kinds of design work.
- WNW does not charge a commission, so for large-budget or long term projects, it can be an inexpensive way to hire.
- Human, WNW’s concierge service, can help you save time when selecting a UX designer for your project.
Adobe created Behance to allow creatives using the Adobe Creative Suite to display their work. Behance is a portfolio format that allows designers of different kinds to display their artwork and products. The platform requires membership to access hiring, or an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription to start out. The platform is also structured as a social network for creatives to provide feedback and work together.
- With an infrastructure for animated and video presentations, designers can show off UX functionality.
- Artists of different types and levels use Behance, so you can find a UX designer for your budget and needs.
- Designers pay a fee to post portfolio work, which helps ensure that the UX designers are committed and receiving work.
Freelancer is one the largest freelance marketplaces with millions of registered users. The platform is a bit different in that it charges a flat fee for most projects, or a flat fee for freelancers hired from the Preferred Freelancer Program. The Preferred Freelancer Program provides a better pool of candidates. In addition, both parties pay fees for initiating a project, whether or not the project is completed.
- There are various ways to find a UX designer for hire including holding a contest, posting a job, or using a filtered search.
- You can hire UX designers that fit most budgets.
- You can pay according to completed milestones.
7. UX Hires
UX Hires is a platform dedicated to matching UX designers with projects. Curated, the platform provides options for long term hires as well as freelancers. An initiative of the company, Motivate Designs, UX Hires creates the opportunity for Motivate Designs to scan for some of the best UX designers as well as procure business when it is a fit. When it’s not, they get you set up with a designer for you.
- With a focus on UX design, you can find UX designers with different sets of skills.
- The team has breadth and depth of experience in the field, so they know the questions to ask to get you a team.
- There is flexibility in the types of hire you make.
8. Envato Studio
Envato Studio is one of a collection of services provided in the Envato community. The Studio hosts companies and individuals that provide different packages of services. You can search the platform by keyword or by price, time frame, and category. Services are also affordable fitting most budgets.
- Envato is affordable and has options at different price levels.
- For straightforward projects, the project management side of Envato is simple.
- Envato Studio provides solutions for WordPress web design and other web-builder platforms with UX concepts already incorporated.
9. People Per Hour
PeoplePerHour, PPH, was initially geared towards the European market. PPH uses a tool called workstream to manage your projects and interact with your hires. There is also a focus on hiring through packages called “hourlies,” which have a set price and description.
- There are UX designers available to fit most budgets.
- An element of PPH is its focus on small businesses, and tailoring solutions to small business needs.
- “Hourlies,” or pre-packaged services, mean that you can save time on hiring UX designers by not developing a job description or sorting through applicants.
Fiverr began as a marketplace of “gigs” at only $5. It has since expanded to include customized jobs up to $10,000. The site remains focused on smaller jobs, previously running a campaign about custom logo designs at $5. On Fiverr, you can also upgrade to Fiverr Pro, which grants access to vetted freelancers and on-call support. Jobs are posted by the freelancers from which you can hire or ask for a custom design.
- Fiverr Pro provides access to a select group of UX designers.
- UX designers for hire post “gigs” for you to select from, so you do not have to write a job description.
- UX designers are identified by different levels, so you know how much experience the freelancer has on the site.
Webby Central is a collection of companies with different specialties that take UI and UX design seriously. With reach across different countries, Webby Central has completed projects in different industry verticals. While it is not a traditional hiring platform, Webby Central has the tools you need to get the work done.
- Webby Central can provide UX design as well as stack development.
- With their collection of companies, you can work with a company that specializes in the type of work you need.